This week’s post isn’t going to be focused on jobs in PA, but ration on ones in our friendly neighbor-state up north–New York! Check out the opportunities.
1. ESPN is looking for a Project Web Developer.
This would be a one-year project role, and you would provide technical support for multiple groups within the Digital Ad Operations department.
Job responsibilities from the posting:
- “Works with Technology and Product teams to seamlessly integrate ad experiences on various web and app properties.”
- “Helps define solutions for ad innovation through creating custom code, scripts or in integration with 3rd party vendors • Supports Ad Ops team in launching creative executions.”
- “Builds support through ad systems and developing tools for creative q/a, integration on properties and for new innovative ideas.”
- “Provides support and technical guidance on integration of ad systems on digital properties.”
- “Ability to learn new coding languages or technology systems as needed or required.”
- “Troubleshoots and provides general support for ad related issues on live ESPN.com pages or other properties.”
- “Implements work as assigned.”
For more info on the posting, check out the link above.
2.CNN is looking for an Associate Producer for CNN Investigative Programming.
This is a full-time position located in New York, NY.
From the posting: “The Investigative Unit Associate Producer is a critical editorial position on the team. Main responsibilities include supporting producers and correspondents in all aspects of story research, newsgathering, shooting, editing and execution for multiple projects simultaneously. The Associate Producer helps develop story pitches, researches investigative ideas and participates in story brain-storming meetings.”
There are also different job locations as well.
Job qualifications from the post:
- “Minimum of three years experience in network television or major-market news production.”
- “Must have strong news judgement as well as written, verbal, interpersonal communication, research & production skills.”
- “Detail-oriented organization and efficient time-management is a must.”
They’re looking for someone with a BA/BS in Journalism, Television-Film Production, Communications or related discipline or equivalent years of experience.
Check out the link above for more information.
3. Carat is looking for an Associate in its Digital Video Activation department.
According to its website, Carat is “the world’s leading independent media planning & buying specialist and the market-leader in digital and non-traditional media solutions.”
The Digital Video Activation Associate will be a steward of the entire buying and implementation process and will work closely with a variety of other departments, including the National Video Activation team, Digital Ad Operations and Digital Analytics teams. “The position will heavily focus on digital video; however the candidate will learn to become knowledgeable on traditional TV buying as well.”
Some requirements listed in the posting:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- “Participation in at least one full planning cycle and development/implementation of at least two media plans.”
- “Thorough understanding of the media process, media department and inter-department relationship.”
- “Proficient with numbers and budgets.”
- “Demonstrated ability to generate and present well-considered solutions.”
- “Thrives in a fast pace, constantly changing environment; can adapt buys due to changes in client objectives, priorities or budgets while minimizing impact on project momentum.”
- “Strong analytical skills, ability to relate results to client business objectives.”
- “Balanced ability to perform analytically and creatively.”
For more information on this position, check out the link above.
4.Hearst Digital Media is looking for a Social Media Editor for GoodHousekeeping.com.
If you love social media, this is probably the job for you. Direct from the job posting: “The ideal candidate is someone who lives on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter or Instagram (or all four!), and knows what the competition just did a minute ago and proposes how we can do something better ourselves. You know how to get someone to care (and click) in 140 characters or less by putting together fun, smart promos that push the envelope without resorting to cheap click bait. You should be both hyper focused on metrics, but also a creative editorial whiz.”
Job requirements from the posting:
- “BA/BS in journalism, communications, or similar field”
- “Minimum 2-3 years digital editorial experience, preferably in social media”
- “Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+ as well as social scheduling tools such as Sprinklr, HootSuite or other comparable platforms”
- “Experience with social media analytics tools”
- “A solid understanding of the brand’s mission, voice, and audience”
- “A proven ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a daily publishing environment”
- “Ability to work collaboratively with a team as well as autonomously”
- “Experience with a content management system”
- “Design or photo editing experience a plus”
For more information check out the link above.
5 NBC Universal is looking for an Overnight Digital Editor/Content Producer.
If you’re a night owl, this is probably a job for you to check out. Direct from the posting: “WNBC, NY is looking for a motivated, hard-working overnight editor to lead breaking news coverage online, manage social media presence and strategy, and edit stories and videos for NBCNewYork.com, the digital presence of NBC 4 New York, the flagship station of the NBC Owned Television Stations group. We also seek an editor who is comfortable using social media for reporting and disseminating information and to engage the community and grow audience and loyalty. This editor must be comfortable working an overnight shift that begins at 10 p.m. and ends at 6 a.m.”
Job requirements from the posting:
- “Experience as an editor, writer or producer at a major news organization that creates content under tight deadlines”
- “College degree, preferably in journalism, political science or English or equivalent experience”
- “Experience working with an online publishing tool or content management system”
- “Must be able to work, weekends and extended days when demanded by breaking news or other editorial responsibilities”
- “Minimum 4 years’ experience in newsgathering and/or production”
- “Experience editing content on a desktop editing system”
For more information check out the link above!
See you back here next week when I’ll have five more jobs for you to check out!