TV-Marywood is Marywood University’s award-winning student-run television station. It is cablecast by Comcast to more than 100,000 homes. The cast and crew consist of Broadcast Journalism, Digital Media, and Ad/PR students. Students begin hands-on training as freshmen, allowing them the maximum time to learn and polish their skills. The anchors and reporters produce campus and local news, weather, sports, and entertainment. Students working for TVM News will graduate with live broadcast news experience and advanced skills in:
- Television directing
- On-air reporting
- Broadcast news writing
- Television production
- Developing original programming
- Working behind the scenes: camera, audio, teleprompter, graphics, lighting
- Working as part of a team
Stay Connected to TV-Marywood
Honors & Awards
2017 Society for Collegiate Journalist National Contest Awards
- First Place in Companion Broadcast Website Overall Excellence for TV-Marywood’s YouTube page.
- First Place in Television News Show Overall Excellence for TV-Marywood’s Live Election 2016 show on November 8.
- Third Place in Television News Package: Haley O’Brien (‘17) and Anne Zukowski (‘18) for TV-M package “Veterans Day 2016“
- Third Place in Television Sports Package: John Ferraro (‘17) and Bethany Wade (‘19) for TV-M package “Marywood’s Women’s Soccer Wins CSAC Championship”
2016 Society for Collegiate Journalist National Contest Awards
- Second Place: Anne Zukowski & Jessica Bonacci, Television News Package, “Veterans Day”
Jessica Bonacci (’19) Station Manager
Rachel Looker (’17) News Co-Director
Dylan Wright (’18) News Co-Director
Bethany Wade (’18) Promotions Coordinator
Anne Zukowski (’18) Program Director
Rachael Eyler (’20) Package Coordinator
Kimberly Del Valle, M.A.